Wow, it's 2012! Another year gone, another fresh start. Yes I know, it's so utterly original, but I am dedicating the first MMM of the year to New Year's Resolutions.
I'm a goal driven kind of person, so New Years is the perfect time for me to take stock of what I'm doing and plan what I'd like to do. Surprisingly though, I usually don't make new years resolutions. I haven't for a good number of years now. That is about to change :)
Right now, being a stay at home mum with very young kids, I feel like I am not able to move forward much in my writing pursuits. But I have realised I can set a couple of small, manageable goals which are actually quite important steps that need to be taken in my quest to completing that first novel. Here's what I'm aiming to do:
- Take a creative writing workshop
- Read 3 books regarding the writing craft
- Rewrite my beginning and have a polished 1st five chapters
- Write a synopsis
That's it. Hopefully that is entirely reasonable and achievable. If I complete anything further to this I will consider it a bonus!
Otherwise, I have decided on three other resolutions that relate to the common themes for new years regarding health, money and spirit:
- Lose 5kgs and reconstruct some tummy muscles! (who knew two pregnancies would obliterate those obliques so thoroughly?!)
- Financial lockdown ... no extraneous purchases. This means a crack down on book purchases too, I'm afraid :(
- Memorise a new bible verse every month.